Modern life and all the stresses that come with it can make us want to reach for sugary, salty and high calorie foods.
Say no to temptation and stay on track with your healthy active lifestyle with this delicious snack. Our Chocolate Almond Protein Bites will settle your cravings for anything sweet and chocolatey! Plus: they are a great protein treat!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Serves: 10 (3 bites per serving)
For the balls:
6 scoops Formula 1 Smooth Chocolate Flavoured Shake Mix
1 tbsp of flaxseed
1 tbsp of chia seeds
1/3 cup of unsweetened almond drink (or soya drink or semi/skimmed milk)
½ cup of raisins
30 g dark chocolate chips
50 g almond spread
½ cup rolled oats
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey
For the coating:
1 scoop Formula 1 Smooth Chocolate Flavoured Shake Mix
1 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1. In a small bowl, combine flax and chia seeds with almond drink and let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
2. Combine the raisins, chocolate chips, almond spread, rolled oats, agave nectar, vanilla extract and Formula 1 Smooth Chocolate Flavoured Shake Mix
3. Mix with your hands until well mixed. The mixture should just hold together. If it seems dry, add water or almond drink, a tablespoon at a time, being careful not to make the final mixture too soft.
4. Dampen your hands with water and roll the mixture into one-inch sized balls (makes 30).
5. In a small bowl, mix the F1 Smooth Chocolate Flavoured and cocoa powder. Roll balls in this mixture to coat completely.
6. Line a covered storage container with waxed paper. Place the coated balls on waxed paper, cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition per serving *
Per 3 bites
milk (1.5% fat)
milk (1.5% fat)
with soy drink
*Only when prepared as instructed on the product label does our product deliver the full nutrition benefits described on that label
*One serving is 3 bites, recipe makes 30 bites