Try this delicious recipe that brings some foreign flavour to the kitchen. Who doesn’t love the combination of tomatoes with red peppers – especially when it’s housed together in a delicious muffin! The Gourmet Tomato Soup brings a brilliant base flavour to this recipe whilst Protein Drink Mix is a great way to increase your daily protein intake.
- 75 g organic strong plain flour
- 75 g rolled oats
- 1 serving (28 g) Protein Drink Mix
- 2 servings (64 g) Gourmet Tomato Soup
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 generous tablespoon chopped chives
- 100 g grated cheese such as cheddar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 50 ml olive oil
- 200 ml water
- 100 g mixed sun-dried tomatoes and roasted peppers, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the muffin cases in a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Mix together in a bowl the plain flour, oats, Protein Drink Mix, Gourmet Tomato Soup, baking powder, chopped chives, grated cheese, pepper and the salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk the two eggs and mix in the olive oil, water and then the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and peppers.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients then pour in the wet ingredients. Mix gently but completely until a dough is formed.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture out to fill the 12 muffin cases and place in the centre of the preheated oven to bake for 23-25 minutes until puffed up, golden and cooked in the centre. Take out and cool slightly before eating.
Tip: Instead of the chives you could add 2 teaspoons of chopped thyme or rosemary for a change
Nutritional Value per serving
* Only when prepared as instructed on the product label does our product deliver the full nutrition benefits described on that label. Please remember that if a Herbalife Nutrition product is used in a heated recipe, some vitamin levels in the finished product may decline in comparison to label values.